OUR ACHIEVEMENTS THIS FAR
- Millions of seedlings planted in Kenya this far.
- Our rare effort has earned our CBO – IGEA, 3 National Gold Medal Awards courtesy of Total Eco-challenge.
- In 2006 our viable school-based tree nursery model was duplicated in schools of Central Sudan, Nuba Mountains (Daily Nation, 27th 2007).
- In 2009 the Government of Kenya adopts our Green Schools model courtesy of the former Minister for Environment Hon. John Michuki (Daily Nation Newspaper, 8thDecember, 2009, Page 32).
- In 2010 we were awarded a National Trophy by Highland Mineral Water Company for best tree planting approaches through institutions of learning.
- On 7thDecember, 2013 The President of Kenya launches our Green schools tree planting model in a Laikipia school on account of its viability.
- In November 2013, the Forestry Clubs of Kenya was registered to steer and upscale the Green Schools tree planting model.
- Nyambene ecosystem where the Green Schools Program begun is considerably transformed with over 18% tree cover.
- Over 250 000 pupils/students have been trained on issues of value of trees in the environment, climate change – its negative impacts, adaptation & mitigation measures, tree nursery technology and benefits of a healthy environment.